We are located at 2570 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75234
Keep in Touch!
Subscribe to our monthly online newsletter
Become a member:
To become a member of Church of One Love, we ask that you:
- Attend services and events on a regular basis
- Attend membership class for fuller understanding of church’s beliefs
- Dedicate yourself to walking a path of unconditional love
- Give of your financial good to support the church’s operations and upkeep,
- Give of your time and talent to foster the growth and health of the church.
One must be 18 years of age to pledge individual membership. Children of members will be considered junior members until they are of age, at which time they may pledge membership themselves.
We have many opportunities to volunteer while we meet virtually, and even more when we return to our campus! Opportunities include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Welcoming and greeting
- Sunday Refreshments
- Kitchen Team (for community meals, potlucks, etc.)
- Refreshment for Extra Events
- Children’s Church
- Prayer Partners
- Platform Assistants
- Joining the Board
Please call the office at 972-245-6520 for more information about volunteering opportunities. Meet our volunteer coordinator, Bob Fishburn.
He has been a member of the church for over 25 years, and has served and contributed in numerous ways before becoming a member of the COOL Board of Trustees.
Recently retired from Macy’s Department Stores after 28 years in visual merchandising, Bob loves to make things beautiful and is always willing to lend his design and decor expertise at Church of One Love.
He lives in Carrollton with his partner, Gerry Clark, and their two dachshunds. When not at church or in his backyard pool, Bob enjoys spending time at the lake with his family in Michigan.
More information on our Board of Trustees:
Board members are volunteers and serve 3-year terms, and are elected by the church membership at our annual general meeting in January.
All prospective Board members shall:
- Be a member in good standing at COL for a minimum of 1 year and attend Sunday services on a consistent basis;
- Consistently support COL financially with tithes and donations, and its mission and vision through words and actions, service and outreach;
- Regularly attend monthly board meetings and follow up on assigned responsibilities and tasks;
- Be open in mind and heart;
- Be willing and able to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with fellow board members and senior minister, including the willingness to let go of the need to be right, yet also to speak the truth from conscience even when challenged;
- Remain in ongoing engagement of spiritual growth through attendance at services, classes, study of relevant literature within the framework of COL teachings, including outside classes, retreats and workshops;
- Demonstrate the qualities of integrity, honesty, service and leadership.
If you are interested in running for the board, please speak to Rev. Melinda or any board member, and you will be provided more information. For information on our current Board members, click here.